Saturday, February 27, 2010

Justice League : Crisis on Two Earths DVD


Justice League : Crisis on Two Earths was released on 2-23-2010.  I of course am thankful that my lovely JD purchased this for me the day it came out. Also that he was nice enough to watch it with me that very evening.  I really liked this movie. I liked that all the main DC heroes was featured in it very well.  Most people are not really aware with the alternate universe of the Crime Syndicate that is also featured on the cover of this release.  This movie tells the tale of an alternate, evil league founded on a parallel earth known as the Crime Syndicate.  They control their earth by using their powers for money, fame and dominance.  They will even kill to maintain their leadership.
That is of course one of the main difference from their league to our own.  I feel, not because I am biased, that Wonder Woman really was the strongest character in this movie. She was voiced by the lovely, but unknown Vanessa Marshall.  She was drawn very well, her height, face, costume was just done perfectly.

The alternate earths Lex Luthor comes to our earth to have our league help save his world from the Syndicate. Of course our heroes do right in the end. I will not tell you how, because I want you all to see this movie and support DC animation and our favorite Amazon.  The only real problem was that Diana has a good, but short fight scene with her alternate known as Olympia. Most people will think that Super Woman is the evil counterpart to Wonder Woman, but actually she is more in link with Mary Marvel. I wanted Olympia to be more prevalent in the story as to not allow this confusion.

I think that DC is just doing it right when it comes to the animated take on Wonder Woman.  They are keeping her faithful to what we have grown to love and expect from her. I cannot wait to see what they do with her next.

No comments:

Post a Comment